Designed to neutralise many gaseous pollutants, packed bed scrubber offers a compact design and low capital cost.
Nederman MikroPul Packed Tower systems can be applied as gas absorbers, coolers, air humidifiers, or condensers. They are widely applied in the field of purification of industrial gases. Systems are custom engineered for the application.
Pollutant laden gases enter at the bottom of the packed tower and rise upward, making contact with the scrubbing liquid draining down through the packed column. Since the pollutant concentration decreases as the gas rises, there is constantly fresher solvent available for contact, resulting in an efficient removal of contaminants. Finally, the fine moisture droplets, still suspended in the cleaned gas stream, are removed by a mist eliminator. Scrub liquid from the eliminator is collected in an integral reservoir and recycled to the tower. Makeup liquid is constantly introduced, and reagent is added on demand using a dosing pump controlled by a pH monitor.
- Utilize for gas absorption, cooling or condensing
- +99% efficiencies for many gaseous pollutants; including HCl, HF, CL2, H2S, HCN, SO2, and NH3.
- State of the art packing shapes and materials
- High mass-transfer efficiency limits footprint
- Complete system with reagent preparation, fan, pumps, controls, stack, etc
- Quench section can be added to cool hot gases
- Can be integrated with particulate scrubber to remove dust
Why do I need a Packed Bed Scrubber?
Nederman MikroPul packed bed scrubber is a cost effective solution to treat gaseous pollutants. It can handle high concentration of both basic and acidic contaminants, and up to 1800°F inlet gas temperature. Nederman MikroPul packed bed scrubber has been successfully utilized for combustion, reagent preparation, odour control and incineration applications. Our experienced engineers will design vessel, packing and system components to suit your specific application.