Designed to suit many processes to capture sub-micron particles, with minimum downtime and maintenance.
The design of the MikroPul Venturi Scrubber consists of a “wet approach” venturi followed by a liquid entrainment separator. Dust laden gases enter the venturi and instantly make contact with the tangentially introduced scrubbing liquid swirling down the venturi’s converging walls.
At the venturi throat, the gas and liquid streams collide and the liquid breaks down into droplets which trap dust particles. This gas/liquid mixture passes through a flooded elbow, and then enters the entrainment separator through a tangential inlet. Centrifugal action removes the heavy wetted particles from the gas stream. As an alternate, when very large diameter separators are required, the liquid is separated by passing the stream through a chevron-type mist eliminator baffle.
The dust/liquid mixture is discharged from the separator bottom drain and the cleaned gas leaves through the top of the separator.
- Ideal for explosive dust, compared to baghouse or cyclone
- +99% efficiency for particulate removal
- Open pipe liquid introduction – requires minimum maintenance
- Adjustable venturi throat allows, -ease of operation and flexibility of process conditions
- High inlet temperature with addition of pre-quench section
- Modified cyclonic separator design for high percentage solids in recycle loop
- No Wet/Dry zone
- Virtually maintenance free design
Why do I need a Venturi Scrubber?
Nederman MikroPul venturi scrubber is most flexible design for any scrubber technology. It can handle high particulate loading, up to 1800°F inlet gas temperature, large fluctuation in air flow, and very high percentage of solids in liquid recirculation loop. Nederman MikroPul venturi scrubber has been successfully utilized from mining to metal and fertilizer to food applications. Our experienced engineers will design venturi scrubber to suit your specific application.