For systems that need heavy cooling or operate in areas where evaporative cooling is not suitable, Chilled Water Cooling Coils are an option.
Cooling coils may be a viable solution when chilled water is already available at a site or when the operator requires a greater degree of cooling than is possible with evaporative coolers. Pneumafil offers integrated systems that include coils, housings, structural verification, supply and return piping and installation.
Some points to consider:
- For every degree F that the engine’s compressor inlet temperature is lowered, power output increases by about 0.33%.
- Typically, coils can provide up to 45° F of air cooling, even in high-humidity environments where evaporative coolers do not work well.
- Coils require a source of chilled water.
- Coils add more pressure drop to the system than do evaporative coolers.
- Coils condense large amounts of water that must be drained from the system.
- Like evaporative coolers, coils systems require eliminators to prevent water carryover.
- Coils add weight and may require structural enhancement of the support system.